Why you need turmeric in your tummy
Do you want less pain and a better mood?
How about less brain fog and a better memory?
What is turmeric?
What is turmeric good for?
Precautions as this is a powerful substance:
The Turmeric for Health website gives great information on the best suppliers of high quality organic turmeric and black pepper in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia.
Golden Milk (Turmeric Latte)
Golden milk has been a traditional health drink in India for a long time, now trendy people are calling it Turmeric Latte! Funny! I like this recipe from Wellness mama:
Turmeric Tea Golden Milk Recipe
- 2 cups of milk of choice (almond, pecan, coconut and dairy all work in this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric or Turmeric Spice Mix
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- First, blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Then, Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately
I would advise to avoid the dairy milk and omit the Cayenne Pepper if you have an Autoimmune disease as it is a nightshade.
The recipe below is my version of Turmeric Honey and it is a great resource for when you are a bit under the weather. You can add it to smoothies and juices or just make a tea with it.
Turmeric Honey Alchemy
1 cup of Raw organic or Manuka honey
2 tbsp organic ground Turmeric
1 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
1 tsp Organic Apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp Finely ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Melt the coconut oil to a liquid and then mix with the spices and the apple cider vinegar. This can then be mixed into the honey stirring it well. Cover and store in the fridge. This will keep for two weeks.
I believe that Turmeric (Curcumin) is a gift that we should be using to its full advantage. After all, its ability to reduce inflammation alone is reason enough to be consuming it regularly. I found this photo of Turmeric flowers too and was amazed at how pretty they are. I love this plant!!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post
Get my bonuses and tips for feeling better and enjoying life straight to your inbox!